Get Results of Labs or Other Tests
All lab tests must be ordered by a physician, thus you will need an appointment with your Provider to get any lab test ordered. Results will be sent to your Portal, and you can view them online. They can take anywhere from 2-7 days depending on the test being ordered (some even longer). When we receive your results, they will be uploaded to the Patient Portal with comments from your Provider for your viewing. If your Provider finds something abnormal and action needs to be taken, you will be contacted directly by your Provider or one of our staff to discuss your results.
If you call the office during normal business hours to discuss your results with a member of our nursing staff:
- Be prepared to leave a message for the nurse to call you back.
- Call-backs will not be made while patients are waiting to be seen in the office.
- You may also schedule an appointment with your physician to discuss results.
- Physicians are generally not available to discuss lab results over the phone.
Request Refills of Medications
Refills on medications should only be requested during your appointment with your Provider. Please check your refills before you come to see us, and confirm you will have enough medication to last until your NEXT appointment.
An appointment is required for ALL Controlled Substances. Refills on these medications will need to be handled in person with your Provider. Prescriptions that are lost, stolen, or destroyed will not be replaced.
Request a New Medication
Any new medication prescription will require an office visit with a Physician. Please call the office to inquire.
Are You Sick? Want an Antibiotic?
In general, our Physicians do not prescribe antibiotics without an office visit. Most respiratory infections are self-limited and will not be helped by taking antibiotics. Overuse of antibiotics leads to the development of resistant bacteria, which can make subsequent infections harder to treat.
If you are feeling sick, please call the office if you would like to schedule an appointment or you can make an appointment online at https://www.healthportalsite.com/spectrummg
We always have a Physician on-call when the office is closed. If you have an urgent problem and would like to reach a Physician on-call, please keep in mind the following information:
- Routine medication refills will not be completed after-hours.
- Refills of controlled substances will not be completed after hours. No exceptions.
- Appointments cannot be scheduled or canceled after business hours. You will need to contact the office during normal business hours, or you can do this through the Patient Portal-https://www.healthportalsite.com/spectrummg
- If you are having a life-threatening medical emergency, you need to call 911 or go to the nearest emergency medical facility.
- To reach the on-call Physician, call our main office number and follow the instructions provided.
Please send questions through the Patient Portal (https://www.healthportalsite.com/spectrummg) to coordinate billing issues with your insurance company.
Lab companies also are responsible for billing your insurance company for lab tests that are done through our office. Check your bill to see if it is from a lab company, such as LabCorp or Sonora Quest, and if so you should contact them directly at the phone number listed on the bill.
To schedule or cancel an appointment with us, you can:
- Call the office during normal business hours.
- Go to your Portal Account at https://www.healthportalsite.com/spectrummg (for established patients only)
Please be sure to cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged a cancellation fee. This helps maintain availability for same-day appointments to better serve you. We charge $75 for missed appointments.